Eat to make your body as healthy as possible. If it’s not, it will fight you during fat loss process.
Specifically I’m talking about reducing the acid load on your body and fighting low grade systemic inflammation.
Both impair most metabolic processes including fat loss and muscle growth.
For years I made my progress much harder than it should have been (of course I didn’t realize it at the time) by only thinking in term of carbs, protein and fats.
So before thinking about intermittent fasting or a ketogenic diet, do the following:
- Eat a lot more green veggies than anything else, and have them in ALL of your meals.
- Replace meat by fish. In fact most of your protein should come from fish and eggs (start with half white fish and half salmon and as the diet progresses switch to all white fish and shrimps). Basically avoid meat (because it is pro-inflamatory) and only have chicken occasionally.
- Take a « GREENS » supplement like SUPERFOOD twice a day.
- Drop all grains except rice in a moderate amount.
- Pineapple, mangoes and berries are good choices for carbs but obviously stick to a decent daily carbs amount.
- Take CURCUMIN 3x per day with meal along with a fish oil.
- I would suggest a lowish carbs approach… maybe 100-150g of carbs per day to start with and add MCT oil for energy if needed
- Drink 15g of sodium bicarbonate (arm and hammer) in the morning and evening. I mix mine in water with some sugar free flavoring.
- The only nuts you can take are almonds
- Avoid dairy products
- Your only shake should be your peri-workout drink